Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
This program is conceptualized with the objective of ensuring students have the necessary skills, knowledge, attitude, and mindset to face the challenges of becoming a successful business professional.
Experiential learning models are applied in classes to ensure that students have, not only the theoretical knowledge, but the practical tools and mindset, required to succeed in the professional workspace.
While students gain general and foundation management skills and knowledge in the earlier school terms, they then take courses in their particular field of interest. In Mapúa University, Business Administration students will have to choose which majors track will they be focusing on. These are in three (3) areas:
- Operations Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
With any of these as their major, students are well equipped for career opportunities in a broad range of industries including banking, insurance, manufacturing, business process outsourcing, media, and advertising.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates shall be employed and successfully practicing business executives and administrators working for the advancement of society and economy and promote professionalism in their respective marketing, operations, sales, and financial management fields.
Graduates of our Business Administration program, after graduation, shall have the ability to:
- Perform the basic functions of management such as planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling.
- Apply basic concepts that underlie each of the functional areas of business (marketing, finance human resources management, information technology and strategic management) and employ these concepts in various business situations.
- Select the proper decision, making tools to critically analytically and creatively solve problems and drive results.
- Express oneself clearly and communicate effectively with stakeholders both in oral and written forms.
- Apply information and communication technology (ICT) skills as required by the business environment.
- Plan and Implement business related activities.
- Exercise high personal moral and ethical standards.
- Analyze the business environment for strategic direction.
- Prepare operational plans.
- Conduct business research.
Joint Degree Option
An applicant can opt to take this bachelor degree in conjunction with the Master in Business Analytics degree. Only a year shall be added to the standard BS Business Administration degree to graduate with a Master in Business Analytics degree.
Graduating with a Business Administration degree can allow you to work in nearly all types of private industry because virtually all companies require business professionals that will help them grow financially. Additionally, your career path would expand, and subsequently differ, depending on the specialization track that you will choose.
Business Administration graduates specializing in Operations Management would usually be offered the following job positions:
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Lead
- Procurement Specialist
- Project Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
On the other hand, Business Administration graduates who chose Marketing Management as their specialization would most likely be exposed to the following jobs:
- Brand Manager
- Media Planner
- Market Research Analyst
- Advertising and Promotions Lead
- SEO and eCommerce Manager
Lastly, Financial Management majors would most likely be offered the following jobs:
- Credit Manager
- Financial and Investment Analyst
- Risk and Insurance Officer
- Banking and Treasury Specialist
- Budget Analyst